Re: [Gimp-developer] tentative GIMP 2.0 release plans

Hi,

Kelly Martin <kmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sven Neumann wrote:
>> The ball is rolling now and any further discussion about it is only
>> hurting GIMP's reputation.
>
> You're going to do what you're going to do.  I'm just offering my
> counsel.  Claiming that offering my counsel is "hurting GIMP's
> reputation" is a hamfisted way of telling me to shut up because you
> don't like my opinion.  Releasing 1.4 as 2.0 will do more to hurt
> GIMP's reputation than anything I could say about why you shouldn't do
> so.

You must be having a hard day or something or you wouldn't have
interpreted _this_ into my words. I do care about your opinion. I am
only saying that the version number change has happened and that we
should try turn towards the future. Pointing out what features you
miss most is a good start and that is why I asked which features make
you prefer PS7 over GIMP.

Sven