Re: [Gimp-developer] tentative GIMP 2.0 release plans

On 07/19/03 13:10, Carol Spears wrote:

> I also will not write any English documentation until I can afford to
> buy that book that explains the English rules about
> hyphens.

I'm not sure what book or what hyphens you are talking about, but the
Elements of Style is in the public domain.  Here are some links for you:

http://www.bartleby.com/141/
 specifically
http://www.bartleby.com/141/strunk.html#8
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~jms/doc/elos.pdf

There are other resouces available on the web.

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_hyphen.html
http://lingua.kie.utu.fi/dbergen/AAW/Lesson%205/punctuation1.htm
etc.

I would think that any "poorly done" english documentation is better
than none, and people might help to fix documentation more than they
would strive to write it.  Getting started is always hardest...

regards,
Chris