[Gimp-developer] Re: new-xcf

Hi,

"Adam D. Moss" <adam@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> HOWEVER, this might be a good time to think about whether we'd
> prefer a compressed format that we can random-access de/compress
> on the fly instead of going via a huge (and with image data we
> can easily be talking HUGE) temporary intermediate file.

If we would compress the image data in the archive there would be no
need for compression of the archive. Sure you could gain a few bytes
by compressing the XML but since the already compressed image data
doesn't compress well and in the worst case even gets larger, I don't
see why anyone would want to compress the archive.

Sven