Re: Menubar in fullscreen mode [Re: [Gimp-developer] the user installer]

Hi,

Nathan Carl Summers <rock@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> This actually could be a serious usablity issue, since a user who has the
> menubar on (which a distro might set as default) after going to fullscreen
> mode might not be able to figure out how to get the menubar back, or even
> how to return to windowed mode.

Pressing F11 again or hitting ESC will get you out of full-screen mode
again.

> Seriously, though, it would be a much better behavior to keep the menubar
> when the window is made fullscreen.  A user that prefers a menubar will
> probably prefer one in fullscreen mode also.  Besides, a user with a clue
> will be able to turn off the menubar anyway.

Fullscreen mode was added to be able to view the image in a neutral
environment w/o being distracted by any user interface elements.
Adding a menubar would completely ruin this effort.

The fact that you can edit the image in full-screen mode and that we
even decided to allow you to tweak what gets hidden and what not is
just an additional nicety and I'm actually tempted to remove it.

Sven