[Gimp-developer] Re: GIMP-1.3 and Win32

Hans Breuer writes:
 > BTW: just tried to compile fontconfig with msvc. It does _not_
 > build out of the box.

Did anybody claim it would? Builds fine with gcc (mingw), but it has
more POSIX emulation stuff bundled than MSVC.

> And although it certainly can be ported

Yeah, wasn't annything particularily difficult, just needed to add
some #ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H, point it to the dirent emulation package,
write up a nmake makefile for the src directory, use a prebuilt
config.h. Still, in order to be able to build totally from scratch
with MSVC, would need write nmake makefiles for the other
directories. Shall I send you what I have, do you want to continue?

--tml