[Gimp-developer] GIMP-1.3 and Win32

Hi,

I have committed a change to CVS that should finally put an end to the
build problems you have been experiencing on Win32. We got rid of
libgimptool and libgimpproxy a while ago already and I have just
removed the use of weak symbols libgimpwidgets.  These symbols, that
were provided by libgimp or by gimp itself depending on who is using
the library, have caused lots of grief. The hack (libgimp-glue.c) that
Hans introduced to workaround this problem is not any needed.

I would appreciate if you could update the makefiles for Win32 and
attempt a build of the current CVS version on Win32. We would really
like to have some people test gimp-1.3 on Win32. The upcoming release
should support the Win32 platform and we can only make that happen if
people test it beforehand.

Sven