Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Confusion

On Fri, 23 May 2003 05:05:16 +0000, Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Although I assume the below message is written tongue-in-cheek, I
> guess it might be a good idea to put somewhere in a prominent place on
> www.gimp.org a pointer for "casual Windows users" to follow, to Jernej
> Simoncic'c installer page.

Done.  I re-worded some paragraphs on the home page of www.gimp.org
and added a link to Jernej Simoncic's installer in the section "What
about GIMP for Windows?".

I updated several pages and replaced things like "...download the
GIMP" by "...download the source code of the GIMP" so that our
visitors are not mistaken about what can they get from the official
site and its mirrors.  I also mentioned that some other sites provide
pre-compiled binaries for various platforms.

While I was updating the pages, I also changed the download page for
the stable version (http://www.gimp.org/stable_ver.html) to include a
more detailed list of changes between 1.2.3 and 1.2.4.  Some people
seem to like that kind of overview, so I digested the ChangeLog for
them.  If I have some time, I will also try to update the NEWS file on
the stable branch before the 1.2.5 release.

-Raphaël

P.S.: CC to the gimp-web list because mentioning "source code of" and
      the list of changes between versions may be interesting for the
      new site.