[Gimp-developer] Re: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.14

Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi GIMPers,
>
> our latest release had some issues and we considered to do a quick
> bug-fix release but I think it was worth to wait a little longer for
> GIMP-1.3.14. Grab your copy from
>
>  ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v1.3/v1.3.14/

[...]

Compared to the 1.3.13, I had to install many additional dev packages to be able
to compile this version, mainly gnome ones, so I can understand this. But why did
I have to install sendmail to be able to compile gimp? I mean sendmail is a
security issue, and I don't even have a modem on my computer (so for me sendmail
is not a security issue, but for many peopl it should be). Couldn't there be a
flag like --disable-sendmail ? Is sendmail really needed for gimp, or is it only
during development stage and will dissapear when 1.4 is out? <troll>Why not
postfix or qmail instead?</troll>

Also, there was no test for the presence of lcms headers (little colour
management system) in the configure step, while it happened to be needed during
make (for the mng plugin I think).

Apart from that, I'll report the bugs I have found in the bugzilla as soon as I
have some time (they are just cosmetic / interface consistency bugs).

Regards,

Olivier Ripoll.