Re: [Gimp-developer] (fwd) GIMP CMYK Devloper - Willing to Pay

Hi,

Jim Meier <jim@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> >  (1) Add CMYK save support to the TIFF plug-in (as Øyvind Kolås)
> >      suggested. This would give you preliminary CMYK support now.
>
> Such a thing is a hop, skip and a jump from existence; just bolt the
> conversion code from this netpbm filter onto the gimp tiff plugin.
> http://www.acooke.org/jara/cmyktiff/

any volunteers? Such a change, if done well, could even still go into
GIMP-1.4 ...

> >  (2) Evaluate what needs to be done add CMYK support to GEGL, then
> >      just do it. This would give you real CMYK support in a not too
> >      distant future.
>
> Is this in the purview of the GEGL system? (IE, can it handle novel
> colorspaces, as well as novel datatypes?)

I haven't yet spent much time with GEGL but I'd say that nocel
colorspaces and novel datatypes is exactly what this beast was
designed for.

Salut, Sven