Re: [Gimp-developer] (fwd) GIMP CMYK Devloper - Willing to Pay

Hi,

Patrick McFarland <unknown@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 14-Feb-2003, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > now what is a "real CMYK filter" ?
>
> I think he ment as in CMYK colorspace mode. (Like RGBA and such.)

well, yes, I do know what CMYK means. But I still don't know what a
"real CMYK filter" would be. Using the standard GIMP terminology a
filter would probably be a plug-in. But it could be meant as full CMYK
support in the core as well.

If someone wants to support CMYK, it would probably be best to

 (1) Add CMYK save support to the TIFF plug-in (as Øyvind Kolås)
     suggested. This would give you preliminary CMYK support now.
 (2) Evaluate what needs to be done add CMYK support to GEGL, then
     just do it. This would give you real CMYK support in a not too
     distant future.

Salut, Sven