Re: [Gimp-developer] Hey

Yep, mutt is going to die. Yet again it refused to reply to the list and
instead replied to just the person.

Reply is as follows:

On 11-Nov-2002, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Patrick McFarland <unknown@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Erm, dunno why this didnt reply to the list.  To those who missed
> > stuff, I asked "Is it easy to add 16-bit per channel support to
> > gimp?" the answer was "No it isnt."
> >
> > But yeah, Film Gimp has issues. The xcf loader plugin doesnt work at
> > all on x86 (known bug) so thats why I turned back to Gimp to see if
> > I could get it here. (I do all my graphics artwork in Gimp.)
> >
> > This might sound a little dumbassish on my part, but why wasnt
> > 16-bit support added earlier? As far as I know, even Photoshop 6
> > doesnt have this (and when in native 16-bit mode, I cant get it to
> > do layers at all.) And, yes, its hard to do now, but it wouldnt have
> > been as hard in gimp 1.1 when it was in heavy development mode. Now
> > of course, this would force all gimp 1.0 plugins to break (assuming
> > the majority didnt already.)
>
> it does indeed sound dumbassish. It also this sounds like you are
> volunteering to contribute. Why haven't you done that when 1.1 was in
> heavy development mode? Why don't you do it now?

The real reason? My C code isnt exactly the worlds best. (Aka you dont want to
run it in a production app, ever.) And I dont have much time anymore. Im trying
to find a job, which is eating up alot of my resources, and also with my
current computer, it really kills my productivity rating.

But yeah, if I could get those out of the way, I wouldnt mind helping.

--
Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || unknown@xxxxxxxxx
repetitive electronic music." --Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989