Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Menus, keybinding et al, first draft

On Sunday 17 February 2002 00:18, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> lourens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2002-02-16 at 0929.47 +0100):
> > Thirdly, we now have three different Transform options. I know that
> > Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot, but with
> > this you can't see the trees for the forest. Why not just a single
> > transform tool, and an option there to do the whole image or just
> > the current layer? Or better even, allow the selection of multiple
> > layers in the layers dialog box, so that you can have finer-grained
> > control over what you are changing and what not.
>
> Transform menu entries do some basics and in some cases pretty
> hardcoded (rotate 90*n degrees), and transform tool is more like the
> tool definition you use, it uses the mouse, and is more free.

Yes I know. But we could just add a few buttons for 90, 180 and 270 degrees
to the transform tool, and possibly a radio button with Single Layer or All
Layers. Or just perform on the Selected Layers if we get the
select-multiple-layers feature.

One difference is ofcourse that the Image>->Transforms->Rotate->90 Degrees
changes the canvas size as well, while the transform tool doesn't. An extra
checkbox?

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key