Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Raphael's edits, was Re: test this howto now

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:43:51 -0500
Carol Spears <cspears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:
> syngin, can we make a date and write this how to together?
>
> i just have a feeling that i can fake it like that first time again
better> than you.  i have some ideas about what should go into it.

> we can write gimp-howto-build-stable-tarball together, assume it is
being used> by a person who has never compiled a package before.  step
through compiling > one library as an example (i say png since some distro
or another had trouble> with this lately and also png is so pc).  make
them read the freakin first> paragraph of man ldconfig.  and talk about
why you choose /usr or /usr/local> as a destination for The GIMP and what
the pitfalls of each decision might be.>
> when is a good time for you?  we can build it and write it together,
maybe?>
> carol

Anytime (like now) is fine.

http://syngin.homelinux.org   mailto: syngin at gimp.org
http://syngin.gimp.no         mailto: syngin at gimp.no
UNIX gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot