Re: [Gimp-developer] 1.2.x CVS build

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:15:23AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Read your own words and thing again. If you were having problems to
> compile gimp-1.2 from CVS months ago, why didn't you go ahead and ask?
> There are only few people left working actively on gimp-1.2 and they
> do communicate (by email and IRC). How are we supposed to know that
> you are fighting with the gimp-1.2 tree if you don't tell us?

I tried telling people on IRC and was met by an astonishing level of
arrogance.  Basically they knew about the problem, having deliberately
caused it, but I'm not good enough to be using CVS 1.2 and I should go
away and stop bothering them. I had hoped that sanity would prevail if I
left them alone for a few weeks, but it did not, hence my mail.

There are plenty of Free Software projects that could use me and I
don't have a lot of free time. I love Gimp, but not enough to bow and
scrape every time I want to fix some bugs. So, now Gnumeric has filters
for Excel 4.0 and below and Gimp still has the same old bugs.

I'll say the same thing I said then. Maybe I'll have some more spare
time in a few weeks, and if I do I'll see if Gimp 1.2 CVS is in decent
shape for me to do some work on it.

Nick.