Re: [Gimp-developer] 1.2.x CVS build

Hi,

Nick Lamb <njl98r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I was hoping that the problems I had with 1.2 CVS were temporary and that
> the attitude I got when trying to get it working was a result of someone's
> long day. That was back in early December (or was it November?)
>
> On a system that was perfectly adequate for building Gimp a few months
> ago I now get told (during ./autogen.sh)
>
> aclocal: configure.in: 138: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library

it's already time to stop here since any aclocal warnings are
fatal. The problem is that AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT is a glib-2.0 thing. It
is only used for the Win32 build and it is therefore guarded by

 if test x$os_win32 = xyes; then
 endif

Unfortunately autoconf doesn't respect this condition although the
generated configure (if you succeed to generate it) works fine. We've
discussed several workarounds but none has made it into CVS until
now. I hope that Yosh and Tor will speak up and tell us why. In the
meantime you could install glib-2.0 (glib-1.3.12 is the latest
release). You can do this in parallel to a glib-1.2 installation.

> [Where do changes get discussed these days anyway? Did the Gimp cabal
> get resurrected? Did no-one learn their lesson last time ? <sigh>]

Read your own words and thing again. If you were having problems to
compile gimp-1.2 from CVS months ago, why didn't you go ahead and ask?
There are only few people left working actively on gimp-1.2 and they
do communicate (by email and IRC). How are we supposed to know that
you are fighting with the gimp-1.2 tree if you don't tell us?

Salut, Sven