Re: [Gimp-developer] Another plugin question

First I want to thank you Sven for your so pleasant help.

> there are several flaws in your plug-in (see below) but the main
> problem is that you are trying to access data outside the
> drawable.

Yes, I needed time to understand it, but I finally understood.

> - average() and variency both use a wrong index into the data
>   array thus accessing the wrong data. Your loops should go from
>   0 to width/height, not from x to x + width, resp. y to y + height

Ok for this. I couldn't know.

>   and using region->rowstride and region->bpp here does not make
>   sense.

Why doesn't it make sense here? Are they undefined here or is this just
because I'm only working on graylevels and only access data byte per
byte?

I corrected some other hints you gave me. Not added tile cache for the
moment...

I have another question : the plugin currently do not work for the
reason that my writes in the output image are taken into account (or
seem not to... ;-)
Here are the incriminated lines :
-----------8<------------------------8<-----------------
		 /* Computes the variency and determine whether the pixel is
            part of a region or not. Colorify the output image */
		 if(variency(&window) > MAX_VARIENCY)
		 {
			fprintf(stderr, "Setting 0 in pixel %d,%d\n", col, row);
			gimp_pixel_rgn_set_pixel(&outputRegion, &blackValue, col, row);
		 }
		 else
		 {
			gimp_pixel_rgn_set_pixel(&outputRegion, &whiteValue, col, row);
		 }
In my mind, my output image should be only black and white but I obtain
many effects that are not really unlookable, but they are not the
waited result =) ;-)

I have uploaded the last version here (if anyone need to see the code
again):
http://tharibo.free.fr/GIMP/Textures.tar.gz

--
tharibo@xxxxxxx
"Le temps ne fait rien à l'affaire, quand on est con, on-est-con !"