Re: [Gimp-developer] Another plugin question

Hi,

Thomas RIBO <tharibo@xxxxxxx> writes:

> > - average() and variency both use a wrong index into the data
> >   array thus accessing the wrong data. Your loops should go from
> >   0 to width/height, not from x to x + width, resp. y to y + height
>
> Ok for this. I couldn't know.

well, yes, you could have known ;-)

It would really help if someone would go through the hassle of adding
more documentation to libgimp. I would help with gtk-doc questions
but I don't have time to do the full job...

> >   and using region->rowstride and region->bpp here does not make
> >   sense.
>
> Why doesn't it make sense here? Are they undefined here or is this just
> because I'm only working on graylevels and only access data byte per
> byte?

since you have called gimp_pixel_rgn_get_rect() which copies the pixel
data into the memory you've allocated. Thus, the data is not row-aligned.
Using region->bpp makes sense, but then you also need to respect bpp
when allocating memory or gimp_pixel_rgn_get_rect() will write out of
bounds.

> I have another question : the plugin currently do not work for the
> reason that my writes in the output image are taken into account (or
> seem not to... ;-)

you need to call gimp_drawable_detach() when you are done with the
drawable which should cause all tiles to be flushed back to the gimp
core (gimp_drawable_detach calls gimp_drawable_flush for you).

Salut, Sven