Re: [Gimp-developer] Configuring gimp with libpng, libjpeg, ...

Hi,

"Jeff Lacy" <jeffdl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thank you very much Tim.  I tried what you said and everything works now!
> Maybe someone could tell configure to check /usr/local/include as well as
> /usr/include by default?  It would make gimp easier to install....

gimp behaves just like any other program that ships with a configure
script and it makes no sense to change defaults here since people are
used to this behaviour and rely on it. Adding /usr/local/include to
the default search path will break the build for other people.

The file INSTALL in the gimp distribution addresses all these problems.
If you didn't find the answer to your problem there (it has the answer),
we should probably try to explain it more clearly, but changing the
default include path is definitely the wrong solution.

Salut, Sven