[Gimp-developer] Bug week like thing for GIMP?

Mozilla is organising Bug Week (see
<http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-10-23-003-20-NW-
SW>). This is an event in which people who have been interested in
hacking Mozilla, but felt they lacked the experience or the skill to
do that, will be guided for a week by experienced Mozilla hackers
through the steps of tracking down and fixing a bug, and committing
that bug fix.

This I write not to coax away the much needed GIMP developers to
Mozilla.org for a week. :-)

Rather, I like this idea of involving fringe developers and other
interested parties. Is there such a thing we could do for GIMP
development?* How would such a developer event look like and when
would be the best time to organise it?

*) I am not necessarily advocating that we do a bug week -- as the
Mozilla press review points out, a large number of people who would
normally not thought of themselves as 'developer material' apparently
can be involved with the Mozilla bug week because the UI of the
browser is coded in relatively 'easy' languages such as XML and
JavaScript.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx