[Gimp-developer] Configuring gimp with libpng, libjpeg, ...

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install gimp on Freebsd 4.4, but I am not having much luck.
I installed the the png, jpeg, and tiff libraries.  But configure cannot
seem to find them.  png.h, jpeglib.h, and tiffio.h are all in
/usr/local/include.  I belive configure only checks /usr/include, but I
don't know how to tell it to look there.

I looked at http://www.rru.com/~meo/gimp/faq-dev.html#jpegtiff, but I
couldn't quite understand what it was saying :-)

If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S. I've included the relevant section of configure's output.  (Removing
config.cache and rerunning configure didn't change anything, either)

checking for tiffio.h... (cached) no
configure: warning: *** TIFF plug-in will not be built (TIFF header files
not found) ***
checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... (cached) yes
checking for jpeglib.h... no
configure: warning: *** JPEG plug-in will not be built (JPEG header file not
found) ***
configure: warning: *** XJT plug-in will not be built (JPEG header file not
found) ***
checking for gzsetparams in -lz... (cached) yes
checking for zlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for png_read_info in -lpng... (cached) yes
checking for png.h... (cached) no
configure: warning: *** PNG plug-in will not be built (PNG header file not
found) ***