Re: [Gimp-developer] Image Pipes, the Wacom Intuos and Tilt

You can get the original at http://www.lepied.com/xfree86/

> 2. GIMP support for X and Y tilt is a little buggy.  I'd find this
> understandable.  Image Pipes are a somewhat obscure feature, and X and Y
> tilt are an obscure feature of an obscure feature.

X-Tilt and Y-Tilt seem to work for me. I created a threedimensional
brush (pressure, x-tilt and y-tilt). Please check if it behaves the
same way. You can download it at
       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/gimp/filzer5.gih

If this brush works ok I'd guess that you mixed up something in the
creation of the brush, which is fairly easy. If it doesn't I'd guess
for a driver problem (maybe USB specific?)

I am currently using a serial Intuos with XFree 3.3.6.

> I have tried using up to 25 brushes, and it appears the last brush always
> gets chosen for at least 90 degrees of tilt (half the possible angles).
> With 25 brushes, it seems that the 85-180 degrees of tilt result in
> choosing the last brush.  It also appears that the first half or so of
> the brushes is never chosen.

This definitely is weird. While I am not 100% sure if the brush-distribution
is equal-spaced across the angles my brush is definitive sensitive in the
85-180 deg. range.

This might point to a problem that the wacom-driver wrongly detects the
bounds of the x-tilt axis.

Hope this helps,
        Simon

--