Re: [Gimp-developer] Dutch

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:20:17AM +0200, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> we use gettext at the moment and gettext does not support switching
> languages on the fly.

Certainly not true for gnu gettext (I used this feature for a long time),
and I guess not being able to switch locales at runtime would be a big
enough bug for any gettext implementation that we could warrant using our
own libintl in these cases (the reason why gettext is so slow is exactly
this).

I guess it would be rather difficult to make a dialog box with all
languages (valid locale settings differ from distro to distro even, it's
not that bad with languages, but it's still not possible to make a generic
language => locale mapping), but it should be possible to enter a new
locale string.

Or is this a gimp limitation (wire issues??)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|