[Gimp-developer] Re: Tensor (= 2-D) Gradients - continued

On 1 Jun 2001, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Shlomi Fish <shlomif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > No License. ;)
> >
> > Public-Domain source code is one that can be converted into any other
> > license at will.
>
> we risk getting off-topic here, but I wonder: why would you want to
> publish code under such a license or "no license" as you call it ?

I like to publish code under the public domain so it can be:
1. Converted into any other license as the user finds appropriate.
2. Freely integrated into software of any other license.
3. Freely used, distributed and modified without any other restrictions.

Of course, PD (as well as BSD or similar license) bear the possibility
that a resultant software will not remain open-source. However, I see it
as an advantage because I like the code to be made part of a commercial
software.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish