Re: [Gimp-developer] New GIMP Webpage the 2nd

Andreas Jaekel schrieb:

> Concerning the "Content Engine":
> We use CVS and a simple perl script for recursive dirctory walks
> to compile the pages from templates. We have design and content
> templates, but that's only the way we do it.

I had something like this in mind too.

> The advantages are:
>  o [...deleted...]

Plausible.

> Now, I'm not saying this is the tool to use. Rather, I'm suggesting
> to use something like it. I'd gladly provide it as a starting point,
> but a few small tune-ups are in order. I'd volunteer to write these.

Where can we find it? Is there a public CVS server to get it? I would like to
document the current system to ease transition to a new or only improved one.

> I think using nothing but html pages will simply not work and using
> a complicated content management will be too hard to learn. A newby
> joining in later will have a high learning curve ahead of him/her
> before (s)he can contribute.

Agreed. Then... why not use WML. It's easy to learn and flexible enough for almost everything. Uses a makefile system and various includeable languages (you need not use them if you dont want to). But then... it may be overkill. ;-))

Christoph

--
http://home.bn-paf.de/smokey/