[Gimp-developer] Re: web site

On 21 May 2001, at 19:37, Sven Neumann wrote:
> "Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Erm, I would be willing to help some with the web site. It would
> > seem a waste not to do what I am best at. Who should I turn to for
> > this?
>
> webmasters@xxxxxxxx
>
> Several people expressed their interest in doing a new gimp.org
> website so far. All we asked from them was to write a proposal of what
> they would like to do and present us a working mockup later. Everyone
> lost interest then, I wonder why...

Well, I certainly am not willing to do a _new_ Gimp web site. I meant
it when I said I am willing to do _some_ work. Re-designing the web
site not only does not fit my definition of 'some work', it would
also seem that parts of the web site need updating now, rather than
waiting for a new design to come along.

> I'd suggest you use this mailing list to discuss the future of
> www.gimp.org so we can all contribute. I'd also suggest you don't try
> to tackle it all by your own but try to find a group of people willing
> to do the work.

'The work' being? I assume you are not talking about simple
maintenance, I take it that is what the people behind
webmasters@xxxxxxxx do.

On 21 May 2001, at 15:14, Tom Rathborne wrote:

> I would be happy to put my full effort behind the architecture if a
> leader appears to keep the project organized - otherwise I'm just
> going to keep stumbling along as I am just not good at including
> others in my work without a manager above me.
>
> Branko, you feel like being the project manager for the website?

I am sorry, no. I do not have enough time for that right now. I am
willing to help out, but not in such an important way. When I
volunteered, I was thinking more along the lines of helping to make
sure the site is up-to-date, i.e. that it mentions the most recent
GIMP releases, does not run a 'montly competition' of which the last
installment was in 1999, et cetera.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx