Re: gimp.themes.org ideas

On 2/4/2001 19:28, Jordan Evatt at webfreak@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hey guys. we at themes.org are creating gimp.themes.org (you knew it was
> coming). i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas for what
> should go on it. i just got through talking to #gimp, and here's what i have
> so far:
>
> a) don't create a separate repository for plugins and scripts
> b) things like patterns / gradients / brushes are good
> c) tutorial section probable, but some want that to stay at tutorials.gimp.org
>
> i guess i emailed because of the plugin issue. would you mind if we did create
> a new repository? it seems to me that people would be more willing to visit
> gimp.themes.org and click "plugins" and go to the big repository (i could
> upload all of the existing ones), then having to wade through gimp.org's
> repository. i'm not trying to make a "we get more hits than you so lets move
> the repository to our site" flame war, i just want some suggestions (in the
> nice way).

I like the idea myself. Quite frankly, I think tutorials should be put here
too. Even amalgamate all tutorials on the gimp here (with the author's
permission of course) then it's a one stop shop.

I go to various t.o. Sites all the time and would definitely do so for the
gimp as well.

I think the plug-ins and scripts should also go here, if this site is to be
created. Otherwise, better organization and keeping things current at
gimp.org would be appreciated.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                              macman@xxxxxxxxx
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.1)         http://www.pobox.com/~macman
                                            PGP key available on request
  VLUG - Victoria Linux Users Group                        ICQ: 26351441

 Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!