Re: Gimp 1.3 compile and link dependencies

At 04:13 05.02.01 +0000, Nick Lamb wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 02:26:23AM +0100, Hans Breuer wrote:
>> The windoze version of gimpwidgefts can't include two symbols for
>> different implementation of the same function. There is only one
>> version of the dll in memory, even if loaded by another process.
>> The code is shared across process boundaries while the data is
>> not.
>
>Try making two copies of the DLLs with different filenames, and link
>plug-ins to one while gimp.exe links the other, that should fix it
>right?

Yepp, but I was serching for a better way. Most of the stuff in gimpwidgets
appears to be useful for other apps as well, but the whole lib won't be
reusable, if there is a Gimp dependency. (I especially like the simplified
method to construct option menus.)

Maybe the widgets, which are using Gimp internals should be split from
gimpwidgets and linked into gimpui.dll (for plug-ins) or gimp.exe ?

	Hans