Re: RFC: The future of The GIMP

Hi,

Jon Winters <winters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We should keep in mind that the vast majority of Gimp users are not
> compiling from source.  A shell script is not something those folks
> understand.  Their reaction will be... Heh.. Where are all the plugins,
> this sucks!

Please keep in mind that the main intention of our proposal has been to
better distribute work between core and plug-in developers by seperating
the source trees during development. Perhaps this scheme could be translated
to distribution too, but it does not have to. If we decide to continue to
distribute an awful lot of plug-ins with The GIMP as we do know, we can
always put them all into one tarball at release time. Or several smaller
tarballs, or a single for each plug-in ...

Salut, Sven