Re: calling Gimp from web pages.

Chris;

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 04:55:09PM -0500, Chris Brown wrote:
> I maybe a bit confused as to the difference betweent Gimp::Net and
> Gimp::Fu. Can I call Gimp Functions, (the ones in the DB Browser)
> while just using Gimp::Net or do I also have to include Gimp::Fu?

Check plug-ins/perl/examples/example-net and all will become clear.

> Mostly I need to know if there is a way to run the Gimp Perl server
> without running the Gimp itself and without running X, as the host
> machine will not have access to the X server.

I have found that as long as the server can get an X connection when
it starts, it is not terribly bothered if that X server goes away.

I can call Gimp from my mod_perl handlers and everything is very
happy.

Cheers,

Tom

--
--   Tom Rathborne     tomr@xxxxxxxxxxxx     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/
--  "It's Like A Warzone, Deep Inside Of Me / When My Mind Becomes My Enemy"