Re: Important feature to add: 16-bit greyscale

>>   I maintain my own web site, Resonator Software.  While writing a HTML
>>   page, I wanted to use my black background logo as a background for this
>>   page, but I wanted a white version.  The logo is here:
>>
>>   http://www.ResonatorSoft.com/colorwave.jpg

Brendan,

I think I've achieved what you want with a simpler, and hopefully
cleaner result.  You be the judge.

Here are the steps I took:

1) Open colorwave.jpg.
2) Open the Layers and Channels dialog by typing C-l in the image window.
3) Create a new layer above the colorwave logo.  Make the new layer white.
4) Set the blending mode of the new layer to "Difference".
5) Flatten the image by right clicking in the Layers and Channels dialog
   box.
6) Open <Image>/Image/Colors/Hue-Saturation and position the Hue slider
   to 180 (with the Master radio button selected).

Hope this helps,

Carey

Dr. Carey Bunks
Senior Scientist