Re: Widget display problems and a question...

You are probably using an old gtk+ with themes for the
first problem.  Update your gtk+, or don't use themes.
Strike that, just update your gtk+.  (You say you have
latest gtk+, but this is EXACTLY what happened with
the previous version so forgive me if I'm skeptical.
Include the version # if you still think you have the
latest).

For generating a box/filled box/etc, first create the
selection.  Then use Edit->Stroke.  If you want to
fill it, use the bucket fill.  Selections really are
the key to many useful operations, and learning how to
manipulate and use them is really an essential skill.

Seth Burgess
sjburges@xxxxxxxx

--- Brendan Byrd/SineSwiper