Re: Bluesky ideas of the week

Marc Lehmann wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 01:16:39PM -0400, Tom Rathborne <tomr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > At SIGGRAPH I saw "Corel Network Painter" or something like that in
> > action.  Basically there were a bunch of people all painting on the
>
> Something like emacs' opening multiple views on different DISPLAY's?
>
> Can gtk+ do that?

One display server-specific thing that gets built into a particular compilation of GTK+-1.2.8
are choices about Xinput implementation, via the  GTK--xinput configuration switch. Not sure
how events sort out when one instance of GTK is faced with different flavors of Xservers with
different tablet drivers that map their valuators into XEvents differently.  I don't think that emacs
has to deal with anything beyond core pointers and keyboards and is insulated from the XInput
morass.

Tom? What was the mix of hardware?  Or were all the platforms uniform?

Be good, be well

Garry