Re: gimptool using --prefix for install?

   Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:43:30 +0200
   From: Marc Lehmann <pcg@xxxxxxxx>

   On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 07:56:35AM -0400, Robert L Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   > hope to release in a few months), we'll probably want to ship printer
   > definitions, color profiles, possibly dither matrices, and such as
   > separate files rather than compiled in to the binary.

   I think it's not a good idea to put knowledge about printer files (or
   any plug-in-specific data) into gimptool. What's wrong about just using
   $gimpdatadir/gimp-print?

I don't think that gimptool should know anything about specific
plugins.  At the very least I want agreement on conventions about what
goes where.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx