Re: gimptool using --prefix for install?

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 01:26:00AM +0200, "\"Jürgen A. Erhard\"" <jae@xxxxxx> wrote:
> automake-using apps per default, usually) can do it.  It's just Perl
> that doesn't seem to be able to honor that (according to older posts
> from you Marc), which is a shame (for Perl).

Perl can do it very well. Have you read my posts? Or README.perl, which
explains that it's PREFIX not --prefix?

What perl cannot do is automagically find installed modules in that way,
and that is only natural.

The shame is really underinformed people (like you) who keep talking about
things they lack essential information on :(

I also don't know why perl is the primary target, most probably because
its used much more often than python, which has the same problems,
just like any other extension which uses an independently installed
interpreter.

> basis...  (and I hope that the rumored complete Perl rewrite will be
> helping here).

It's impossible. How could gimp find plug-ins that are installed in
/some/where/else unless you tell it?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|