Re: Request for new, high-quality, brushes (and maybe patterns too)

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 01:57:50AM +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 02:13:56PM -0400, Adrian Likins <alikins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 	Alternatively, it might be easy to create a source forge page
> > for it, though I dont see where that would make it easier to upload.
>
> The plug-ins sourceforge project might be a nice place for that.

I don't know.  Graphics samples don't really fall under my vision of the
plug-in site, but they can go there if they need a home, I guess.  I can
add it to the task list, and I'll give access to the web server (at
sourceforge) to anyone who wants to implement it and demonstrates half a
clue.  But for me, it's going to be very low priority.  (e.g.  somewhere
near "turn over the compost pile".)

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 02:45:01AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> if I'm informed correctly, there is some work underway for a new gimp
> website. IMHO this is the ideal place for such a forum.

Oh?  I know I've heard plenty of people (including the retiring gimp.org
webmaster) say that there *needs* to be work underway for a new gimp
site, but I don't recall seeing anyone sign up to update it...  maybe I
just missed that post?

> Moving gimp stuff to sourceforge is a bad idea from the very beginning
> since it is confusing to the users. We have all the possibilities on
> gimp.org and we should use them.

<simpara role="JadedBastard">
Bah, it's hopeless, there's cruft at gimp.org, you got your gimp package
from Helixcode.com, or the "gimp toolkit" from gtk.org, users go to
gimp-savvy.com, developers get bug reports and CVS from gnome.org, and
mailing lists run under the berkeley.edu domain but they're archived at
who-knows-where.  What's wrong with adding sourceforge, geocities, and
MSN into the lists of hosts too?
</>

--
Kevin Turner <acapnotic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> | OpenPGP encryption welcome here