Re: Print plug-in

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Kelly Lynn Martin wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:09:14 +0100 (MET), quinet@xxxxxxxxxx (Raphael Quinet) said:
>
> >This statement is ridiculous.  They are not claiming that they wrote
> >the GIMP.  They just state that it will be included as part of the
> >Gnome-Office suite.
>
> You'd think they talk to the GIMP developers before making that claim,
> no?

No, and it's their right not to.  If you believe this should be a
requirement, it should be part of the license.  GIMP is a part of Red Hat
Linux, why shouldn't it be a part of the GNOME office suite?

If I recall correctly, GIMP is licnsed under the GPL, which means as long
as the developers provide the source code changes that they make, they can
make the GIMP a part of anything they damn well please.

Too many people use this license without understanding (or considering
fully) what it means...

---
Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu