Re: Print plug-in

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:15:17 -0600 (CST), Tim Mooney <mooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>I agree that would be the best solution, but I'm afraid it's not that
>easy.  I've submitted quite a few very small portability patches
>against ORBit from as far back as the 0.3.X days, and virtually every
>one of my patches has been rejected.

I reported a "secret dependency" in ORBit on popt 1.4, and provided a
simple patch.  It has been ignored, and now Quartic is accusing me of
"spreading FUD" even though I've clearly and publically documented
that this dependency is NOT FUD.  Nobody at GNOME appears even
interested in pursuing this problem (which is quite subtle and
evidence of very poor concern for portability); the only reason I can
think of for this is that popt is universally present on Red Hat
machines because it's part of RPM.

Kelly