Re: GAP

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 02:19:16PM +0000, Nick Lamb <njl98r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, much as I agree that providing essential features from GimpPerl is
> not the most desirable solution (sorry Marc)

No, there are simple pratcical reasons for that. For every feature
you provide you have to think about the additional value against the
additional dependencies.

Some things (that are implemented in perl) would not significantly lower
the number of dependencies when done in another language. gap-vcr could be
done in gap without any additional dependencies, however.

So it's obvious what is better.

> erm "Plan to throw one away, you will anyway" and all that.

Yepp.

(I was under the impression that gap was no longer nmaintained anyway, but
that was wrong).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|