Re: GAP

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 01:47:11PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > I have thought of this for a while now, but now I decided to put it into
> > ascii form...
> >
> > 	Would it be possible to implement a "VCR Console" for GAP plugins?
> > 	I think it would be very useful and from what I understand it might
> > 	even be easy?
> >
> > 	Something with  [ |<< ] [ < ] [ > ] [ >>| ] and maybe even
> > 	play facility (trigger "next frame" in every <spinbutton> ms or
> > 	something?)
> >
> > 	Thoughts? I think it would improve the usability a lot..
> >

> Yes, me too!! ;-)
>
> Actually the reason I've put GAP into CVS was that I think it is a very
> useful extension to The GIMP that needs a more comfortable GUI. My hope
> was that someone would take this as an interesting project to work on...
>
> IMHO the GAP should be implemented ( GUI-wise ) as a seperate tool. There
> could be one menu entry to start the GAP console that comes with a VCR
> interface to switch frames and a whole bunch of possible actions (more or
> less the Video-Menu we have now). An approach like this would make working
> on animations more easy and at the same time hide the animation stuff from
> the main GIMP interface where it confuses the user who wants to do still
> image manipulation.
>
> Having said that, I must admit that I don't have the time to work on this,
> but probably someone else feels choosen??

Well there is now the gimp/plug-ins/perl/examples/gap-vcr in cvs that is
implemented in gnome-perl. It is very basic, but it somewhat works.

It was something like 15 minutes after I asked in #gimp and Marc had this :)

Tig

--

.---( t i g e r t @ g i m p . o r g )---.
| some stuff at http://tigert.gimp.org/ |