Re: swap files

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 07:34:03AM -0400, Robert L Krawitz wrote:

> Yes, but it has other consequences that are not so benign, like being
> unable to find the file that's consuming a lot of disk space.  Perhaps
> an alternative would be to mmap() the swap file?  This would (I think)
> at least allow ps to show the gimp process as being very large.

mmap() is not entirely portable to all the OSes we have GIMP working on
currently.  Specifically, it isn't implemented on BeOS.  And unfortunately
it can't be emulated either because a similar function does not exist.
(On win32 I think mmap() doesn't exist either but something very similar
does exist.)

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson               	amundson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research and Development		http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking