Re: Gradient-Fu Patch for Gimp 1.0.4

At 12:56 30/09/99 +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:
>Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>>
>> Fantastic!
>>
>> Before the GIMP maintainers apply this patch, I would appreciate it if
>> they did the following.
>>
>>         1. This patch removes the control_sel_l and control_sel_r
>>            fields from the gradient_editor_t structure.  If the
>>            selection is to be an attribute of a gradient, instead of
>>            the editor's, then please move them to the gradient_t
>>            structure instead of making them global variables.

The selection is not an attribute of a gradient, because there's only one
selection at a time and its in the active gradient. It would be a waste of
memory to put them inside the gradient structure, and it makes sense that
they should be global.

>Applying Shlomi's patch manually shouldn't be too hard with the indented
>version of gradient.c as it's mostly
>s/g_editor->control_sel_[lr]/control_sel_[lr]/g and adding new functions,
>however the PDB stuff is done by pdbgen now. I'd like to volunteer but
>unfortunately I still have no idea of perl, sorry :-(

There are some pitfalls:

1. In two or three GUI functions I replaced their body with a call to
cpopup_perform_something. (e.g: cpopup_perform_flip_selection()) and placed
the main work code in cpopup_perform_something.

2. Whenever a gradient is switched from a PDB procedure, one has to reset
the current selection to its leftmost segment.

3. At initialization of the Gimp, the control_sel_l and control_sel_r has
to be set.

I know perl quite well and if I can do anything to help I'd like to.

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@xxxxxxx