Re: Gimp brushes

>For those already thinking about what to do in 1.3 - I've put a little
>discussion paper at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/gimpbrush.html
>which proposes a clean way to add lots of neat features to brushes.
>I'd appreciate comments, especially from people who are more familiar
>than me with the current brush handling, and from end users.

I used Picture Publisher (7 or 8, I can not remember) long time ago. The
(only?) thing I liked a lot was the unified brush system. If your idea is
accepted, wow!

The most important thing I see in your proposal is modularity, less work to
get new tools, or improve old ones, I think everybody will be able to code
small plugins for the system.

Btw, you should get a tablet, and test your system with mouse and tablet.
Wacom? Reading this? ;] Who knows, maybe they will send you one.

About the resizing toolbox, why not pull-down buttons, like Photoshop? Old
tools should be keep (and forgot about them, maybe retire after some time if
your system is fast enough) in a button, and new ones could be grouped (by
user) in new pull-downs.

>I've started hacking things into my copy of 1.1.9 to see how it works.
>Maybe some screen shots in a while.

Yeah. Go ahead. :]

GSR