Re: plugin standards

I think you can probably just do up a tar.gz file in any form; there
isn't a "standard" so don't worry about conforming to one.  Most the
plugins that are single files can be compiled by using gimptool, which
is why there is no need of a Makefile:

% gimptool --build plug-in.c

Since your stuff is more complex than that (replying on other libs),
you can use gimptool to get the relevant GIMP info, with the --cflags
and --libs options, but still write your own Makefile.

I guess you can look at gimptool as the standard, but it's more
for figuring out libs and cflags than how you write your Makefile
or tar up your distribution.

If it gets put into the main distribution, it can be dealt with
at that time.  Since you are relying on external libraries it
will require some work with the auto* files to make it detect them,
etc., so some manual work will be required anyway in that case.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson               	amundson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research and Development		http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking