Re: File > Save behavior

On 22 September, 1999 - Zach Beane - MINT sent me these 0,7K bytes:

> There was recently a bug filed regarding the File > Save behavior.
> Specifically, due to a (now fixed) bug, the image wasn't marked as dirty
> when a layer was moved, and File > Save didn't do anything. The bug reporter
> suggested that File > Save should always save, regardless of the dirty flag.

Changing colors in the indexed palette doesn't dirty the image either...
I bet there are more places where it doesn't do what it should..

> I can easily see the advantage to this. When you use File > Save, your image
> gets saved, no matter what. No surprises, and no lost changes that may not
> have set the dirty flag.

I'd like this.. another situation where this might be good is if you
poked at the image from outside gimp, but you want to overwrite it and
hit ^S .. You think it's saved - but no..

Pretty often, I don't trust that gimp really saved, so I hit save as and
overwrite the image..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@xxxxxxxxxx, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå