Re: Postscript plugin doesn't work in 1.1.9

On 20 September, 1999 - Nils Philippsen sent me these 1,1K bytes:

> Hi,
>
> today I tested the gimp for its postscript and pdf abilities due to a
> question on another ML. Needless to say, it failed (otherwise I wouldn't
> post here). Al it gives is:
>
> gimp: PS: can't interprete file
>
> If I run gv on the offending files, it displays them correctly. As I
> recall that postscript loading worked with a former version, there has to
> be a bug in the 1.1.9 PS plugin.

I've found a similiar "bug" ... A file which is created in potatoshop,
which claims to be PS level 3. Ghostscript only claims to support PS
level 2...

I can display the file(s) with -sDEVICE=x11 (and the likes), but not
ppmraw for example which the Gimp PS plugin uses. GS either outputs
garbage or nothing at all. I checked with both GS 5.10 and 5.50.

Since it only claims to support up to level 2, and I'm throwing level 3
stuff at it, stuff might break - which it seems to do.
Strange tho that it works while displaying with the x11 target...

I have some test files too if anyone feels like debugging something...

Try 'gs -sDEVICE=ppm -sOutputFile=bar.ps foo.ps' and see what happens.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@xxxxxxxxxx, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå