Re: the mailing list

Raphael Quinet (quinet@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, regis rampnoux <regisr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 19-Sep-99 JcB wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to add a [GIMP] or something before each subject
> > > (by the mailing list daemon) so that we can filter the messages ?

This could be done with a procmail entry like
(At the top of the file)
SUBJECT=`formail -x "Subject: "`
:0 fw
* ^From (owner-)?gimp-developer[^@]*@[^@]*xcf.berkeley.edu
* !^Subject:.*\[gimp-user\]
| formail -I "Subject: [gimp-user]$SUBJECT"
(regexp stolen from Raph :-)

> Here is what I have in my ~/.procmailrc file, for saving the messages
> from this list.  The condition is a bit more complex than needed, but
> it should still be valid if the address of the list changes slightly:
>
> :0 :
> * ^From (owner-)?gimp-developer[^@]*@[^@]*xcf.berkeley.edu
> gimp-developer

What I would like to have in the mailings, is a reply-to Header to

This would make it easier for me to reply. Since normally replies go to
the mailing-list (and I dont like getting answers multiple times)
this is IMHO the right thing to do.

Bye,
        Simon
--