Re: I18n (was: Iscissors in 1.2?)

On 16 Sep, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Definitely yes. A halfway finished i18n is considered a bug.

 Translation works but in 2 cases: The MRU stuff kills GIMP (I thought
 I had a patch for that?!?). The menus aren't translated correctly which
 is big shit but not easily solveable.

 The way it worked before did correct translation but we had under some
 circumstances translated and English menus together. The new stuff does
 it more cleanly but Owen Taylor and I haven't found a solution to
 translate the submenus,too in a proper solution. That's a big problem
 I know but there's nothing I can do about it...

 Not to mention that I'm not in a good position to change these
 problems, as you may know...

> But they are! The difference is that the New Image dialog uses the abbreviated units, while in the Preferences the full names are used. The gimp_unit_menu widget supports both variants and both seem to be correctly internationalized.

 Tell me the problems you know about and I will at least solve them in
 my tree...

Servus,
        Daniel