Re: Problems with Gimp Perl...

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 05:22:53PM +0200, David Odin <David.Odin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   The configure script at least accepted to build the perl plugins.
>   But it refused to compile for an obscur reason (obscur for me) about
>   the PDL.

Can you capture the error messages you get? It should compile fine without
PDL.

> gcc then complain about a function declared twice in
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl/PDL/Core/ppport.h and in gppport.h

This is strange. I use exactly the same version.. Your fix should work
for the near future, however, so I applied it.. Given the right order of
inclusion it might even be correct ;>

> So I've launched the newly installed gimp and discovered many new plugins.

This at least means they run good enough to register themselves.

> I've tried Golden mean and have the dialog box with the Camel displaying.
> But when I pressed OK, the plugin SegFault!
> I've then tried other perl-based plugins, all show a dialog box and SegFault
> when pressing OK.
>
>   Did I make something wrong?

Certainly not... Maybe, if we fix the other problems, that problem
goes away as well. You could also chekc the perl control center
(Xtns/Perl/Control Center), which does some basic tests, but I suspect
that will work, since the dialog boxes work.

> I've also tried the same thing with Gimp-1.1.9 and have the same SegFault.
> My version of perl is 5.004_04.

You might, if you have too much free time, try to upgrade to 5.005_03, which
is the version I mostly use for development.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|