Re: xml2po - standard or patched version?

RyōTa SimaMoto skreiv:
2010/1/3 Ulf-D. Ehlert <ude88@xxxxxx>:
..
So we definitely have to decide which program to use! Soon!

Hi,

I welcome the new customized version.

I tried to set page title just like as its menu term, and append
trailing dots "..." after the page title if the term has dots, i.e the
command calls a dialog.  But with the standard XML2PO,
<placeholder> tags sometimes apply this style on dialog
titles (or indexterm) too :(  If <placeholder> replaces only few
words, it is not necessary.  When this tag substitutes some
sentences, a paragraph, an image, or a block, it is useful
because it gives flexibility on translation works.
Ulf's version of xml2po works very fine. So I vote for it.
I dislike the <placeholders>, except perhaps as replacement for a common image or so, as they narrow my freedom in translation.
The 3 dots (...):
I am used to use a special character called "ellipse" (⋯ or *…*) in those situations mentioned above (when a menu calls a dialog). I do not know whether this char is typographical standard (recommendation) in other languages.

Kolbjoern
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Kolbj=C3=B8rn Stuest=C3=B8l
n;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Stuest=C3=B8l;Kolbj=C3=B8rn
email;internet:kolbjoern@xxxxxxxxxxxx
tel;home:38 34 78 62
tel;cell:917 81 125
x-mozilla-html:FALSE