Re: Where have all my pictures gone?

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 01:41:06PM +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:
> Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009, 22:56):
> > Ulf-D. Ehlert skreiv:
> > Don't understand
> > On my computer I did these changes:
> >
> > - added "nn" in configure.ac, Makefile.am, and Makefile.GNU
> > - added copy of po/no and named it po/nn
> > - added copy of images/no and named it images/nn
> > - added copy of "quickreference/po/no.po" ->
> > "quickreference/po/nn.po"
> >
> > As there will be no "no" files left when you rename them, I do not
> > understand why it should not work renaming instead of naming copies.
>
> I used the the 'git mv' to move (rename) some files and directories, but
> I had to do it several times due to some problems with git. And then I
> had to delete and commit non-existing (moved) files to make git happy.
> So I'm not sure what you will get with a 'git pull'...
>
> And, of course, I might have forgotten something or introduced a new,
> interesting bug. :-|
What I found working for me is to create a local branch for most of the
tasks. Merge the branch back to master and commit, push my changes to
origin/master. Without being silly, but if you have to push non-existing
(moved) files to a referenced branch, it just sounds not right to me.

Cheers,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de